Look for:

Farmhouse for sale in Sant Boi de Lluçanes (ref.1993)

Masia Country house for sale in Sant Boi De Lluçanes, Barcelona

sale: Price on request
ref. 1993

12,126 m2 constructed area.
 Furnished Kitchen
 Exterior carpentry Wood
 Interior carpentry Wood
Floor type Rustic ceramic
Energy Rating (G) SHOW

In the idyllic surroundings of Sant Boi de Lluçanès, located just over 1 hour north of Barcelona, is the majestic El Vilar farmhouse full of history and tradition. Located at the highest point of the urban center, it has several buildings that add up to a total of 12,125 m2, and which are a living testimony of the cultural and architectural wealth of the region. The Vilar de Sant Boi has already been documented since the 12th century as a great square building with a tower in the middle, neoclassical entrance and gargoyles with animal motifs on the roof of the main façade. The farmhouse had its time of splendor in the 17th century and later, during the dynasty of the owners of Vilar, named honored citizens of Barcelona and knights in the years 1709, 1736 and 1855. During the first Carlist war, the Count of Spain and General Prim spent the night in the farmhouse. During the third Carlist war, the farmhouse was used as the general quartermaster's palace. of Catalonia on the Carlist side. In the middle of the 19th century, the heir of Vilar, Antoni de Vilar, married a rich heiress from Cerdanya, Lotgardade Pedrals, uniting two large estates that came from Barcelona to France without leaving their lands. In In 1735 he did carry out the expansion work, adding two porticoed galleries with lowered arches that communicate with a small square tower and converting it into the large building that it is now, which has a ground floor, first floor and second floor of 1080 m each, and a third floor. of 888 m2. The first floor is a true reflection of the nobility of yesteryear, where we find the main hall of more than 100 m2 where balls and large invitations were held. This living room gives access to the 4 noble rooms that have an anteroom and the room itself with its double bed facing north and its own sink, offering privacy and comfort. It also has other rooms such as the room for the chaplain who ran the chapel located on the property. On the same floor there are different living rooms, dining rooms, a fireplace room with the original surrounding bench, the music room with its piano, a library with books, ancient scrolls and the original furniture sealed with the coat of arms of the house. Also on this level There is the kitchen, 2 bathrooms, 2 terraces, access to the rear garden of 6000 m2 through a cantilever bridge, access to both the upper and lower part of the church and access to the porticoed and glass-enclosed gallery, which in winter is the warmest part of the house with sun all day. History comes to life when you climb the main staircase that has an 18-meter-high interior tower. On the ground floor there are the old cow stables, the cellar located on the north face, which preserves the essence of the past, as well as the horse stables, an interior well, a small floor where the service was housed and a secondary staircase that It leads directly to the second floor in the part where the masoveros currently reside. The second floor of 1080 m2 also houses the old service rooms still to be rehabilitated, a 30,000 liter water tank for collecting rainwater, which previously served The entire house is currently used to irrigate the gardens and orchard. On this floor there is also a non-glazed porch gallery and a small tower at the top with a dovecote where pigeons were raised. On the third floor, of 888 m2, there are different open-plan wooden rooms, where the grain of the crops was formerly kept. crops that, through a system of tubes, the grain was transported from the ground floor to the third floor. Like the second floor, this area is pending rehabilitation. The property has a mains drinking water supply and electricity. During recent years, an external restoration was carried out on the north face and the gallery, recovering the original coating of lime and sand, following traditional methods with a deep respect for the origin of the property. The splendor of the noble floor (1st floor) has also been recovered. restoring all the existing wood and original paintings to maintain the essence of the house. All the work was carried out by the last owner, an expert antique dealer in art who has dedicated much of his life to maintaining an exceptional architectural heritage, even recovering furniture original from the time of the house that had been sold many years before. Surrounded by gardens, 6,000 m2 at the back, 885 m2 at the west side where the threshing floor is also located, the main entrance road of 680 m2 and the front garden of 337 m2 that borders the orchard of 946 m2. From the Outside you can also access the private chapel, which still preserves its original altarpiece dedicated to the Virgin of the Rosary, adding a touch of spirituality and peace.​

For more information about this property, please fill out the form: